ACCOUNTING INTERN (Part Time) - Minneapolis, MN
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical / dental and 401(k).
Olympic Steel has a challenging opportunity for a career-oriented individual interested in Accounting. This position will assist with accounts receivable, billing and accounts payable transactions. Responsibilities may also involve project work, month end processes, audits, inventory and other duties as assigned. We need to fill this position as soon as possible. We are looking for a part-time internship with about 20 hours a week during the school year. The part time hours would be flexible between 8am – 5pm Monday-Friday.
• Candidate must be a college junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate degree in Accounting or related field.
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Sound academic achievement in related coursework
• Related work experience and community service preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required, especially with Excel. Ability to enter numerical data by touch.
• Detail-oriented with a strong commitment to quality and the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to work as a team player
• Strong analytical, organizational, communication skills required
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below. Resumes will not be accepted without a complete application.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.