BLASTER OPERATOR (2ND SHIFT) - Chambersburg, PA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Blaster Operator is responsible for operating a shot blaster to remove rust and mill scale from the top and bottom of plates, sheets and large parts. The Operator oversees the shot blaster process, including evaluating work orders, properly and efficiently setting up the machine, continuously monitoring/inspecting job for quality, packaging material per customer requirements, and cleaning the work area.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic math skills required.
• Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings.
• Working knowledge of general computer programs.
• Previous experience with precision instruments.
Qualified and interested candidates may apply below.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.