CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE - Streetsboro, OH
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Customer Service Associate position is responsible for maintaining, growing and servicing primarily existing and occasionally new accounts in an assigned territory, primarily utilizing phone, fax and electronic communications. The Customer Service Associate supports Inside and Outside Sales Representatives by generating leads, mining dormant accounts and qualifying new accounts in the territory. The Customer Service Associate also manages the order entry process, troubleshoots problems and assists in rectifying complaints and claims.
• Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration, Marketing, or Engineering) or commensurate sales experience.
• 1 year of prior work experience in an applicable customer sales/service role, preferably in the steel industry.
• Strong customer service and sales aptitude, with prior steel industry and product knowledge highly desirable.
• Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Olympic’s computer systems.
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below. Resumes will not be accepted without a complete application, thank you.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.