ENGINEERING AND ESTIMATING INTERN - Bettendorf, IA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff.
The Iowa division has an outstanding opportunity for a career-oriented individual interested in Engineering. This position will primarily support special projects and administrative responsibilities in the Engineering and Estimating Departments. These projects may include but are not limited to the day to day technical side of various machine operations, fabrication estimation and quoting, and computer aided drafting.
• Candidate must be a college junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate degree in Engineering or be a recent graduate with a related degree
• Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Sound academic achievement in related coursework
• Related work experience and community service preferred
• Strong analytical, communications and organizational skills required
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required
• Experience in AutoCAD or Solidworks preferred
• Detail-oriented with strong commitment to safety, quality and to the workplace with the ability to multitask
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 763-847-9855 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.