GENERAL LABOR - Winder, GA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, and much more.
Status: Full Time
The General Laborer is responsible for preparing material identification tags as needed, and may identify inventory shortages and pull work orders to replenish. The General Laborer is responsible for all job tasks required to support production processes. These activities may include machine support on cutting tables, press brakes and a machining center, movement of material on the production floor, part grinding, finished goods staging, truck loading, and raw material receiving. This position will use forklifts, overhead cranes, tape measures, and calipers on a frequent basis.
• High School or GED equivalent.
• General knowledge of crane operation, ancillary lifting devices, and forklift operation.
• Mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious.
• Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings.
• Working knowledge of general computer programs.
Qualified and interested candidates may apply below.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.