LOCAL TRUCK DRIVER (1ST SHIFT) - Minneapolis, MN
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Minneapolis Division has an opening for a Class A – CDL Truck Driver . The Class A – CDL Truck Driver is responsible for operating a tractor trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle that transports cargo to and from specified destinations and complying with all related DOT regulations. This position prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick-up of goods and ensures timely service. The Truck Drive – CDL is responsible for securing and unloading cargo in compliance with all DOT and company safety policies, as well as maintaining logs of travel and cargo to federal and state regulations. Drivers will be trained to use an Electronic Onboard Device (EOB).
• Must be at least 21 years of age (DOT required)
• 2+ years experience driving a tractor trailer within the last 5 years
• High school diploma or GED
• Must possess a currently valid commercial motor vehicle operator’s license issued only by one State or jurisdiction with current home address appearing on license
• Satisfactory motor vehicle record
• English fluency
• Flat-bed experience preferred
• Experience using electronic log technology preferred
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 763-847-9855 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.