MAINTENANCE MECHANIC (3RD SHIFT) - Chambersburg, PA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for troubleshooting and maintaining production and plant assets, performing building and equipment maintenance, repair and improvements and fabricating new machine parts as needed, all while working in a safe and timely manner. Additionally, the Maintenance Mechanic will review machine productivity, determine causes for downtime and suggest improvements and corrections, as well as develop new ways to improve functionality and efficiency. The Maintenance Mechanic will also recommend tools and equipment purchase, as necessary.
• High school diploma or GED. A college or technical degree in industrial maintenance is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years experience with hand and welding tools.
• Ability to troubleshoot electrical systems including solid state motor drives, overhead traveling cranes, propane forklifts, hydraulic circuits and programmable logic controllers.
• Any machine, safety, or other related manufacturing certifications is a plus.
• Manufacturing experience, and proven training or experience operating specific equipment and motor vehicles.
• Knowledge of operations efficiency and division equipment, as well as the use of basic math skills and use of precision instruments.
Qualified and interested candidates may apply below.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.