MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (2ND SHIFT) - Milford, CT
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Electro/Mechanical Maintenance Technician position is responsible for planning procedures, layout, construction, installation, and maintenance for all production and office machines/equipment. Requires knowledge and experience with several trades including mechanical, electrical, electronic, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, millwright, welding, and any other general maintenance requirements. Diagnoses problems, disassembles and determines extent of repairs. Repairs, refits, and replaces parts as necessary. Makes all connections and adjustments to maintain balance between production, safety, quality and life of equipment. Maintains and adequate supply of parts, which requires frequent replacement or long ordering lead times. Occasionally makes parts as necessary. Maintains established preventative maintenance and safety programs. Uses a variety of production equipment, machine tools, and precision handling devices, and lifting devices to ensure operation efficiency and conformance to safety regulations. Requires 24 hour on-call availability in case of emergency. May require weekend work for large projects. Detects faulty operation, defective material, and refers these and other situations to the maintenance supervisor. Maintains good housekeeping, keeps parts and supplies neat and organized, and cleans up after each task. Observes all plant and safety rules. Requires lifting up to 50 pounds.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• College or technical degree in industrial maintenance preferred.
• Ability to read manufacturing equipment drawings and electrical and plumbing schematics.
• Ability to follow detailed and extensive instructions.
• Mechanically inclined, production oriented, and safety and quality conscious.
• General knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices.
• Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings.
• Strong knowledge and ability to use hand tools and welding tools, as well as troubleshoot electrical systems.
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 763-847-9855 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.