NETWORK ENGINEER - Bedford Heights, OH
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Network Communications Engineer position is responsible for monitoring, evaluating and maintaining the data network infrastructure. Works predominately with Cisco-based local area networks (LAN), Cisco-based MPLS and iWAN wide area networks (WAN), Call Manager-based VolP voice/video systems, Remote Access Systems including Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet, Intranet and other network communications systems and protocols. Assists with network security policy administration and monitoring.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Information Systems
3+ years of experience in information systems; working knowledge of Unix/Linux.
• Thorough knowledge of a wide range of information technologies in a large company, multi-location environment.
• Knowledge of transmission, switching, control and operation of telecommunications systems.
• Thorough knowledge of switching, subnetting, VLANs, VolP and TCP/IP in general.
• Competent knowledge of binary mathematics, algebra, geometry and their applications.
Qualified, interested candidates may apply below, or call 216-242-2887 to speak directly with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.