OPERATIONS INTERN - Minneapolis, MN
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff.
The Operations Intern safely performs position specific responsibilities in line with Olympic Steel’s Core Values to ensure a high level of productivity, quality and internal and external customer service while adhering to all relevant company policies and procedures. The successful candidates will be safety leaders at all times, personally observing all safety requirements and ensuring compliance from co-workers and visitors. These positions will require general manufacturing industry knowledge or experience, as well as the ability to facilitate and drive results in a fast paced environment by leveraging strong interpersonal skills. This is a hands on role, interacting with production personal on the floor, while managing of and analyzing the data as it relates to a Lean Six Sigma methodology. The key to success in these positions will be the ability to work within the organization at all levels creating value and buy-in across various corporate functions and varied assignments.
• Candidate must be a college junior or senior pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering with an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Tenacity and energy in leading change
• Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization
• Strong analytical skills and process focus
• Progressive, flexible and team oriented
• Working knowledge of general computer programs
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 763-847-9855 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.