ORACLE PROGRAMMER/ANALYST - Bedford Heights, OH
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Programmer/Analyst position supports a custom ERP application utilizing an Oracle database. This position will be involved in business analysis, software development activities, interacting with stakeholders, following SDLC processes, highlighting issues / risks on timely basis and continuously improving development processes. These activities maintain Olympic Steel’s Steel Enterprise Management System, which supports the Order to Cash and Procure to Pay business activities. The Programmer/Analyst will document change requirements and technical specifications, perform code development, code debugging, peer code reviews, execute unit and/or peer unit testing, support integration testing, and provide post production release support.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or Associate’s degree equivalent with related experience
• 5 years’ work experience in an enterprise environment with an advanced application of Oracle 10g(or above), PL/SQL (Oracle Forms preferred)
• Demonstrated experience with system integration and interface development
• Experience working within the constructs of a structured SDLC to support a SOX controlled environment
• Demonstrated ability to independently develop process and database structures (PFDs & ERDs) in a complex environment
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and their applications
• Experience in steel processing or manufacturing industry preferred
Qualified, interested candidates may apply below, or call 216-242-2887 to speak directly with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.