PRESS BRAKE OPERATOR (2ND SHIFT) - Chambersburg, PA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Press Brake Operator is responsible for operating the power press, power brake, apron brake, swaging machine, foot-powered press, hydraulic press, or arbor press according to specifications. The operator will set stops on machine bed and adjust components when making multiple or successive passes. The Press Brake Operator will also install, align, and secure gears, holding fixtures, dies to machine bed, using gauges, templates, feelers, shims, and hand tools. The operator is also responsible for measuring material and verifying dimensions and weight, using micrometer, template, straightedge, and scale.
• 1-3 years of Press Brake Experience required.
• General knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices.
• Working knowledge of general computer programs strongly preferred.
• Previous experience with precision instruments preferred.
• Detail oriented with ability to inspect material for quality conformance through the use of measuring devices and drawings.
Qualified and interested candidates may apply below.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.