PRODUCTION PLANNER - WInder, GA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Production Planner is responsible for coordinating and expediting the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to daily and weekly production schedules. The duties include reviewing and distributing production paperwork, schedules, and ensuring orders are shipped by the customer demand due date. In addition, the production planner will confer with department supervisors to determine progress of work and completion dates; inventory levels, and solving production problems.
• High School diploma or GED required; college degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
• One year experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• One year of MRP system experience preferred.
• Strong computer and communication skills.
• Good customer service/phone skills and flexibility for handling a wide range of activities.
Qualified and interested candidates may apply below.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.