QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER- Detroit, MI
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical / dental and 401(k).
Status: Full Time
The Quality Assurance Engineer supports the implementation of quality systems and processes at the operational level, including the technical and analytical tasks outlined in the associated procedures and work instructions. The Engineer is responsible for overseeing the technical areas of the Quality Assurance function, including customer and mill claims, as well as helps facilitate related corrective actions. The Quality Assurance Engineer assists in maintaining the certification program for customers and serves as a technical resource for the manufacturing operation, resolving customer issues as they arise. The Engineer actively supports the Division’s Sales, Purchasing and Operations departments, participating in issues as needed, as well as supports other areas as necessary.
• 5+ years of experience in related field.
• Steel industry and product knowledge, with knowledge of stamping, roll forming, and other steel manufacturing processes.
• Knowledge of quality engineering processes and familiarity with Lean manufacturing principles and practices.
• Knowledge of inventory management practices plus experience managing material, production, and quality assurance.
• Skill in examining and re-engineering operations, procedures, and strategies as needed.
• Familiarity with ISO and/or TS16949 quality management systems.
• Possess strong mathematical and analytical skills including statistics.
• Strong organizing and planning skills; Skilled in prioritizing and multi-tasking.
• Ability to achieve business results with appropriate focus on earning, customers, and teams.
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below. Resumes will not be accepted without a complete application.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.