QUALITY ASSURANCE TECHNICIAN - Minneapolis, MN
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Quality Assurance Technician conducts routine tests and inspections on products and assists Quality Assurance Manager with data collection. Performs capability studies, first piece inspections and records results. Participates in gage studies, completes calibrations and arranges for outside laboratory tests as needed. Participates in special projects as needed.
• 3 years applicable document control experience in the carbon steel industry or commensurate experience within Olympic Steel is required.
• Steel industry and product knowledge
• Knowledge of computerized document control
• Proficiency in Lotus Notes, MS Word, MS Excel applications and Olympic production control computer systems
• Strong organizing and planning skills; high level of creativity and problem solving needed
• Knowledge of gage calibration systems and gage calibrations
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 763-847-9855 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.