SLITTER TEAM MEMBERS (2ND SHIFT) - Winder, GA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs, and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Slitter Team Members are responsible for supporting the Slitter Operator with basic machine operations. These responsibilities include monitoring the production line and notifying the operator of problems/issues, assisting the operator to wind slit steel coils neatly for packaging, and safely loading and unloading coils through the use of overhead cranes. In addition, the team may be called upon to perform other duties within the warehouse, as needed.
• High School diploma/GED strongly preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience with forklifts & overhead cranes required.
• Former experience with slitter machines preferred.
• Prior steel industry experience and product knowledge preferred.
• Production operation experience strongly preferred.
• Team-oriented with effective communications skills required.
Qualified and interested candidates may apply below.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.