TEAM LEAD (1ST SHIFT) - Bettendorf, IA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Team Leader serves as the lead production employee within the assigned bay or production area. It is the lead’s responsibility to ensure all work is coordinated along all production and support elements. The lead will review and ensure compliance of all work to include truck inspections, material staging, pick lists distribution, assignments, and on the floor transactions. The lead will attend to personnel needs, recommend necessary adjustments to personnel, and hours worked to the designated Production Supervisor. The lead will ensure all employees are properly trained in proper techniques and safe execution of machine operation and responsibilities. The Team Leader is expected to work closely with Production Supervisors and employees to ensure flawless execution. They may also work closely with or provide input regarding Operations and Human Resource issues.
• Qualified candidates must have technical competence within the designated bay to include equipment training, basic crane or motor vehicle experience, advanced CDS skills, and basic quality inspection capabilities.
• Candidates must have exceptional organizational time management skills, attention to detail, multi-tasking skills.
• A proven record of positively motivating others, project improvement, written and verbal communication skills, and a positive attitude are musts.
• Additional considerations include mathematic skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, manufacturing supervisory experience, safety training in OSHA or other related training, additional certifications. Candidates must be in good attendance (fewer than 4 points) and performance standing (meets expectations or above).
• No disciplinary actions preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
• Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented team player
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 763-847-9855 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.