TRAFFIC SUPERVISOR - Bettendorf, IA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The Traffic Supervisor is responsible for coordination of the strategic movement of material outbound from and inbound to Olympic Steel. Oversees the Traffic coordinator staff in their day-to-day activities. Confirms and maintains records of shipments of in-bound and out-bound material. Assists in scheduling all trucking requirements needed to fulfill internal and external customer requirements and provide on-time delivery. Assigns staff to assist in preparing items for shipping and to load or unload trucks if needed. Also responsible for managing the interdepartmental transport of materials. Coordinates work efforts with Production and Operations to avoid errors and backlog. Provides customer service information to both internal and external customers.
• 5+ years experience in customer service or related field preferred
• 2+ years experience in truck dispatch preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
• High level of creativity and problem solving skills; strong negotiating skills
• Exceptional organizational skills, multi-tasking skills, and strong decision-making capabilities required
• Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills required
• Proven teamwork skills, with the ability to work independently
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 763-847-9855 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.