TRUCK DRIVER - Detroit, MI
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical / dental and 401(k).
Status: Full Time
The CDL Truck Driver is responsible for operating a tractor trailer or other specialized truck/vehicle that transports cargo to and from specified destinations in compliance with all related DOT regulations. This position prepares, receives and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick-up of goods and ensures timely service. The Class A - CDL Truck Driver is responsible for securing and unloading cargo in compliance with all DOT and company safety policies, as well as maintaining logs of travel and cargo in accordance with federal and state regulations. This position also assists various warehouse duties, as needed. Drivers will be trained to use an Electronic Onboard Device (EOB).
- Must be at least 21 years of age (DOT required)
- 2+ years’ experience driving a tractor trailer within the last 5 years
- High school diploma or GED
- Must possess a currently valid commercial motor vehicle operator’s license issued only by one State or jurisdiction with current home address appearing on license
- Satisfactory motor vehicle record
- English fluency
- Flat-bed experience preferred
- Experience using electronic log technology preferred
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below. Resumes will not be accepted without a complete application.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.