VMC MACHINE OPERATOR (2ND SHIFT) - Bettendorf, IA
Olympic Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, tuition reimbursement opportunities, various bonus programs and much more.
Status: Full Time
The VMC Machine Operator is an operations team member with the primary goal of satisfying customer requirements of quality, and delivery, by operating VMC machining centers in a safe and efficient manner. The duties included in the operation of a VMC machining center are commensurate to industry standards, with regards to program edits, setting up of tooling, and setting up the machine tool in general.
The ideal candidate must have a clear understanding of G-code programing with ability to edit programs and tool offsets. Must have a strong background in grid type fixture assembly and kurt vise poisoning. Knowledge of spindle probes is a plus. Carbide tooling speed – feed knowledge and overall understanding of optimizing VMC programs is needed. Intermediate knowledge of HAAS controls is required. Intermediate knowledge of GD&T and various digital - dial type gauging required. Must be highly motivated in meeting customer expectations with safety being a #1 priority.
• High School or equivalent required.
• 2 -5 years’ experience operating CNC and/or VMC machining (milling) center.
• Basic math skills are required, a general knowledge of crane operation and ancillary lifting devices and a working knowledge of general computer programs are strongly preferred.
• Experience working with large parts in a heavy manufacturing environment.
• 2 year technical degree in machining preferred.
• Able to edit programs and adjust fixture & cutter comp; Tool Offsets, RPM & Feed Rates, change and adjust program details such as X-Y-Z locations.
• Overall understanding of optimizing CNC and/or VMC programs as needed.
Qualified, interested candidates may submit applications below or call 216-242-2886 to speak with a recruiter.
For Internal Applicants: Current Olympic Steel employees must meet minimum job qualifications, have a current performance rating of satisfactory or better and have completed at least 90 days of service in their current position. Some service time exceptions may apply.